NOTE: You must have a Franklin Station HOA website account and be signed-in to digitally sign this waiver.
Pool Use for the 2020 Season Franklin Station HOA
The Franklin Station HOA Board is monitoring the government response to the COVID-19 outbreak. As of now, state and local guidelines allow us to open the pool for use this season. By using the HOA Pool Facility, you understand that there is a possibility of the spread of viruses, including COVID-19, and by being at the pool facility you are doing so at your own risk.
To ensure safety of our facilities, we will be complying with the CDC guidelines by disinfecting common surfaces such as handrails and ladder, doorknobs, toilets, bathroom sinks, and chairs and tables daily. We will not be responsible for cleaning toys or other belongings left behind.
The pool will be closely monitored to maintain the CDC's recommended chlorine levels. As of now, the CDC states that pool water kept at appropriate chlorine levels is not shown to allow COVID-19 to be passed on from person to person while in the pool. If this changes for any reason, we will need to close the HOA Pool Facility to comply with government guidelines.
Assumption of Risk:
For the 2020 pool season, if you choose to use the HOA Pool Facility in Franklin Station, you are stating that:
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my family, including child(ren), and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while on site at the pool and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the pool may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Franklin Station HOA Board, Pool Committee members (paid and volunteer), pool management company’s employees, volunteers, and other participants/attendees and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I, my family and my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with attendance at the pool or participation in pool activities (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Franklin Station HOA Board, Pool Committee members (paid and volunteer), and the pool management company and their employees, agents, and representatives, and their families, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Franklin Station HOA Board, Pool Committee members (paid or volunteer), or other individuals acting on behalf of the Franklin Station HOA Board, the pool management company and their employees, agents, and representatives and their families, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in pool facility activities.
Additional and Amended Rules for 2020 Season
To comply with CDC guidelines, we ask that anyone using the HOA Pool Facility to follow the additional rules for the 2020 pool season:
1. If you have a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, and/or red swollen fingers and/or toes, do not enter the pool area. If you have been in contact with anyone that is sick with COVID-19 or other communicable virus or illness, or if you have family members living in your household that are sick with COVID-19 or other communicable virus or illness, do not come to the HOA Pool Facility.
2. Please maintain 6’ distance between you and your family and others in the pool, in the bathrooms, and on the pool deck.
3. Parents, please follow your children into the bathroom to see that children adequately clean up after themselves after bathroom use.
4. Sanitize your hands and the hands of those in your care frequently while at the HOA pool facility. If anything changes concerning the pool use for the 2020 season, we will be sure to notify you. If you have any questions, please contact the Franklin Station HOA Board at: www.franklinstation.org.
In addition to the rules above, the following rule will be amended to be:
1. To keep the amount of people at the pool to a minimum and to allow full access to our HOA members, we are not allowing guests or visitors to be brought into the HOA Pool Facility at this time. We request attendees be kept to Franklin Station residents and Georgetown Square residents who pay to use the pool.
Waiver Download: COVID 19 Pool Waiver